Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. U.S. Press Freedom Tracker Will Keep Tabs on the Safety of Journalists in America (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
2. In France, Snapchat Takes the Lead in Producing Political Content (Jessica Davies / Digiday)
3. Google Plans Ad-Blocking Feature in Popular Chrome Browser (Jack Marshall / Wall Street Journal)
4. Publishers Are Seeing Another Big Decline in Reach on Facebook (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
5. The Los Angeles Times Built a Slack Bot that lets the Newsroom Know When the Coffee is Ready (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)
6. Bill O’Reilly Is Forced Out at Fox News (Emily Steel and Michael S. Schmidt / New York Times)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!