Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Facebook Faces Increased Publisher Resistance to Instant Articles (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
2. Facebook’s Sandberg Says Number of Monthly Advertisers Tops 5 Million (David Ingram / Reuters)
3. Introverts Only: Huffington Post Tries Niche Facebook-Only ‘Communities’ to Lure New Readers (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
4. The New York Times Launches a Facebook Group to Discuss Podcasts (And Learn to Make Better Ones) (Nicholas Quah / Nieman Lab)
5. The News Literacy Project, JWT Team Up to Combat Fake News (Lindsay Stein / Advertising Age)
6. Instagram Direct Unites Ephemeral and Permanent Messaging for 375M Users (Josh Constine / TechCrunch)