Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. A More Humble Facebook Is Deploying Charm And Its Checkbook To Win Over Critics (Craig Silverman / BuzzFeed)
2. How Much is That Digital Media Company Really Worth? A Guide (Dorian Benkoil and Rafat Ali / Poynter)
3. What Is Independent Media? (Hamilton Nolan / Fusion)
4. Facebook Adds New Features to Instant Articles to Encourage Email Sign-Ups and Page Likes (Sarah Perez / TechCrunch)
5. With Push, Small Publishers Have a Cheaper, Quicker Way to Develop Their Own Mobile Apps (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)
6. How Bild Uses Facebook Instant Articles to Drive Subscriptions (Lucinda Southern / Digiday)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!