Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. One Of The Biggest Fake News Networks Doesn’t Do Political Hoaxes (Craig Silverman / BuzzFeed)
2. Mic Is Rolling Out Nine New Digital Content Brands (Mike Shields / Wall Street Journal)
3. The Independent Launches 5-person Team Dedicated to Debunking Fake News (Jessica Davies / Digiday)
4. Nuzzel Launches a ‘Newswire’ for Sponsored Content (Anthony Ha / TechCrunch)
5. Twitter Stops Counting @ Replies Towards its 140 characters on Web and Mobile (Sarah Perez / TechCrunch)
6. A Reporter in a Rural District of India Uses WhatsApp to Broadcast Local News — and Makes Money Doing It (Saurabh Sharma / Nieman Lab)