Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Genius Quietly Laid off a Bunch of its Engineers — Now Can it Survive as a Media Company? (Casey Newton / The Verge)
2. The 1.6 Billion Dollar Hoax (Ken Bensinger, Jason Leopold, Craig Silverman / Buzzfeed)
3. Here’s Your First Listen Of The ‘Serial’ Team’s New True Crime Podcast (Meg Watson / Junkee)
4. Adblock Plus has Announced the ‘Acceptable Ads Committee’ Who Will Decide Which Ads it Won’t Block (Lara O’Reilly / Business Insider)
5. From Mimi to The Drive: Time Inc.’s Patchy Record With Digital Verticals (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
6. How Snapchat’s Pitching Original Shows to Advertisers (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!