Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. This Email Newsletter Raised $300K From its (Affluent, Largely Silicon Valley–Based) Readers in 55 Hours (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)
2. Google Launches New Effort to Flag Upsetting or Offensive Content in Search
(Danny Sullivan / Search Engine Land)
3. Germany Considers 50 million Euro Fines for Social Media Companies that Fail to Remove Hate Speech (Amar Toor / The Verge)
4. Vice to Produce Original Snapchat Shows, Starting With Action Bronson’s Dating Series (Todd Spangler / Variety)
5. Why The Boston Globe Embraced Facebook for Notifications (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
6. The Future of Podcasting is Strong, but the Present Needs to Catch Up (Nicholas Quah / Nieman Lab)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!