Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Platforms and Publishers: No Sign of Retreat (Pete Brown / Columbia Journalism Review)
2. Mozilla Acquires Pocket to Gain a Foothold on Mobile Devices (Casey Newton / The Verge)
3. CNN’s Platform Publishing Unit Great Big Story Has a Six-Person Cartoon Team (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
4. Huffington Post Tries Newsletter-Only Content to Woo Teens (Max Willens / Digiday)
5. Amazon Reportedly Working to Get Alexa to Distinguish Between Different Voices (Chaim Gartenberg / The Verge)
6. New INN Program Supports Emerging Leaders in Nonprofit News (Institute for Nonprofit News)