Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Inside Facebook’s Recent Product Pitch to Publishers (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
2. NYT Executive Editor: Every Time Trump Tweets ‘It Drives Subscriptions Wildly’ (Justin Baragona / Mediaite)
3. Robert Mercer: the Big Data Billionaire Waging War on Mainstream Media (Carole Cadwalladr / The Guardian)
4. Twitter Opens up Periscope Producer Service to Everyone (Ken Yeung / Venture Beat)
5. Sean Spicer Targets Own Staff in Leak Crackdown (Annie Karni and Alex Isenstadt / Politico)
6. Documents Indicate Germany Spied on Foreign Journalists (Maik Baumgärtner, Martin Knobbe and Jörg Schindler / Der Spiegel)