Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Facebook Is Trying To Smooth Over Relationships With The Media (Steven Perlberg / BuzzFeed)
2. This Anti-Brexit Newspaper First Launched as a Pop-Up, but It’s Doing Well Enough to Continue Indefinitely (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
3. If Newspapers Won’t Check Viral Stories, Who Will Listen to Them About Fake News? (Jasper Jackson / The Guardian)
4. The New York Times is Experimenting With Mobile-Specific Headlines (Max Willens / Digiday)
5. Brazil’s Own Politico? Supported by Paid Newsletters, Poder360 Digs Into the Country’s Power Structures (Natalia Mazotte / Nieman Lab)
6. We Avoid News We Don’t Like. Some Trump-Era Evidence. (Kevin Quealy / New York Times)