Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Quartz Messaging App Breaks Ground in New Snap-ified Landscape (Ken Doctor / Politico)
2. Has the White House Press Office’s Silence Become a Weapon in its War on the Media? (Paul Farhl / Washington Post)
3. Inside Forbes’ Lean Approach to Creating Stories for Social Media (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
4. ‘No-Brainer’: Fusion Charges Into Podcasting (Max Willens / Digiday)
5. ‘Mr. President, Back Off’: Greta Van Susteren Responds to Trump’s ‘Enemy’ Tweet (Josh Feldman / Mediaite)
6. NPR Has Created a Team Devoted to Covering President Trump’s Conflicts of Interest (Melody Kramer / Poynter)