Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. The Washington Post Will Be The Breaking News Source on Snapchat’s Discover (Washington Post)
2. How The New York Times Is Clawing Its Way Into the Future (Gabriel Snyder / Wired)
3. Coming in March: Knight Open Call for Ideas Will Seek Ways to Improve News and Information Ecosystem (John Bracken and Jennifer Preston / Knight Foundation)
4. Inside Medium’s Meltdown: How an Idealistic Silicon Valley Founder Raised $134 Million to Change Journalism, Then Crashed into Reality (Julie Bort / Business Insider)
5. NYT: Reporter who smeared Melania Trump ‘Realizes it Was Inappropriate’ (Daniel Lippman / Politico)
6. Before You Take the Trip: How About a Virtual ‘Test Drive’? (Jane L. Levere / New York Times)