Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Flush From its Trump-Bump, ProPublica is Staffing Up to Cover the President (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)2. People Are Okay at Remembering Where They Get News Online (But Still Think Facebook’s a News Outlet) (Laura Hazard Owen / NiemanLab)
3. With $1.1 Million in Funding From Knight, OpenNews is Becoming an Independent Organization (Joseph Lichterman / NiemanLab)
4. The Washington Post Rolls Out New Customizable Content Ad Unit (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
5. News Publisher Attn is Crowdsourcing Facebook Live Coverage (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
6. Sportswriter Fired for Anti-Trump Tweet Sues New York Post (Blair Kerkhoff / Kansas City Star)