Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Why Medium Failed to Disrupt the Media (Leonid Bershidsky / Bloomberg View)
2. Did Media Literacy Backfire? (Danah Boyd / Data & Society: Points)
3. Local News Could See a Windfall From the FCC’s Spectrum Auction (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
4. Newspaper Endorsements Are Imperiled for the Same Reasons They’re Now Urgently Needed (Danny Funt / CJR)
5. ‘Facebook Live’ Torture Video Raises Ethical Questions for Social Media Giant (Dylan Byers / CNN Money)
6. Journalists Don’t Have to Be Sidelined From Community Involvement (Steve Buttry / Current)