Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Apple Removes New York Times Apps From Its Store in China (Katie Benner and Sui-Lee Wee / New York Times)
2. GOP Approves New Fines for Livestreaming Protests on House Floor (Heather Caygle / Politico)
3. Medium Lays Off a Third of Its Staff As It Searches for a New Business Model (Casey Newton / The Verge)
4. Could Changing the Way Bylines Look Help Increase Trust With Readers? (Melody Kramer / Poynter)
5. How The Wall Street Journal Made Its Push Notifications More Attention-Worthy (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
6. The New York Times Wants to Offer You a Guided Tour of the Met (and Eventually a Lot More Too) (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)