Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. The Real Name Fallacy (J. Nathan Matias / The Coral Project)
2. Megyn Kelly’s Departure Is a Big Clue About the Future of Fox News (Gabriel Sherman / New York Magazine)
3. Can the News Be Saved?: 2017’s Emerging Media Outlets Face Just As Many Challenges As Old Media (Maegan Carberry / Slate)
4. ‘Fake News’ and How The Washington Post Rewrote Its Story On Russian Hacking of the Power Grid (Kalev Leetaru / Forbes)
5. Daniel Ellsberg, Edward Snowden, and the Modern Whistle-blower (Malcolm Gladwell / The New Yorker)
6. Gretchen Carlson Named Columnist for Time Magazine’s Motto (Cynthia Littleton / Variety)