Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. More Facts, Fewer Pundits: Here’s How the Media Can Regain the Public’s Trust (Margaret Sullivan / Washington Post)
2. How Easy Is It to Securely Leak Information to Some of America’s Top News Organizations? This Easy. (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)
3. Trump Thinks Journalists Should Act Like Publicists and Ghostwriters (Mark Harris / Vulture)
4. Live From the White House, It’s Trump TV (Derek Thompson / New York Times)
5. Anxiety About Muslim Refugees Is Stoked Online by the Far-Right Media (Caitlin Dickerson / New York Times)
6. Facebook Just Made a Key Move In Its Quest to Crush Snapchat (Alex Heath / Business Insider)