Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Journalists Around the Country Are Joining a Slack Channel Devoted to FOIA and Trump (Kristen Hare / Poynter)
2. Google Has Banned 200 Publishers Since It Passed a New Policy Against Fake News (Tess Townsend / CNBC)
3. Google’s 2016 Bad Ads Report: 1.7 Billion Ads Removed, Including Fake News Ads (Ginny Marvin / Search Engine Land)
4. Don’t Expect the First Amendment to Protect the Media (RonNell Andersen Jones and Sonja R. West / New York Times)
5. The World Economic Forum is Treating Fake News as an Urgent Matter of Global Human Rights (Alison Griswold / Quartz)
6. Knight Foundation Releases Its Report on the Podcasting and On-Demand Audio Market (Knight Foundation)