Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. The Traditional Way of Reporting on a President is Dead. And Trump’s Press Secretary Killed It. (Margaret Sullivan / Washington Post)
2. ‘Alternative Facts’ and the Costs of Trump-Branded Reality (Jim Rutenberg / New York Times)
3. Now That Trump Is President, How Will TV Respond? (Josh Koblin / New York Times)
4. Facebook Journalism Project Is Nothing But a Much-Needed PR Stunt (Frederic Filloux / Monday Note)
5. An Outbrain for Newspapers: Headlines Network Launches (Ken Doctor / Politico)
6. If You’re Not Facebook, Google Or Snapchat, You’re A Niche Advertising Business (Kelly Liyakasa / AdExchanger)