Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. As Trump Berates News Media, a New Strategy Is Needed to Cover Him (Jim Rutenberg / New York Times)
2. C-Span Online Broadcast Interrupted by Russian Network (Jonah Engel Bromwich / New York Times)
3. Trolls Decided I Was Taking Pictures of Rex Tillerson’s Notes. I Wasn’t Even There. (Doris Truong / Washington Post)
4. Google Quietly Removes “Fake News” Language From Its Advertising Policy (Brennan Suen and Tyler Cherry / Media Matters)
5. Commenters Say They Want Journalists and Experts to Join Them in the Comments (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
6. Report: Video Isn’t as Popular With Viewers As It Is With Advertisers (Ben Mullin / Poynter)