Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. BuzzFeed Publishes Unsubstantiated Report About Trump, Raising Ethics Questions (Rory Carroll / The Guardian)
2. Donald Trump is a Media Organization (Emily Bell / CJR)
3. Jeff Sessions Doesn’t Commit To Not Jailing Journalists For Doing Their Jobs (Michael Calderone / Huffington Post)
4. HTTPS on NYTimes.com (Eitan Konigsburg and Vinessa Wan / New York Times)
5. If a Best Buy Technician is a Paid FBI Informant, Are His Computer Searches Legal? (Tom Jackman / Washington Post)
6. Where Weird Facebook is King: How a College Kid Does Social (Andrew Watts / Backchannel)