Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Committee to Protect Journalists Saw a Spike in Donations After Meryl Streep’s Speech (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
2. The ‘Keepin’ It 1600’ Guys Launch Crooked Media to Counter Trump (Matt Wilstein / BuzzFeed)
3. The Future of The Times: A View From the Top (Liz Spayd / New York Times)
4. Facebook is Going to Start Showing Ads in the Middle of Its Videos and Sharing the Money With Publishers (Peter Kafka / Recode)
5. The Best Way to Cover President Trump? Stay Out of the White House (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
6. The Internet is Like the Classic Story of the Party That Went Sour (John Naughton / The Gaurdian)