Each Tuesday, we curate the top stories of the week in e-books and self-publishing. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Amazon’s Bookstores are Pulling Straight From the Playbook of Independent Booksellers (Eugene Kim / Business Insider)
2. Barnes & Noble Holiday Sales Sink as Coloring-Book Fad Fades (Matthew Townsend / Bloomberg)
3. Will Amazon Release a New Kindle in 2017? (Nate Hoffelder / The Digital Reader)
4. The Industry Finally Acknowledges Indies Are Authors (Mercy Pilkington / Good E-Reader)
5. Building a Platform to Land a Book Deal: Why It Often Fails (Jane Friedman)