Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Facebook and Google Make Lies as Pretty as Truth (Kyle Chayka / The Verge)
2. Here’s Where Donald Trump Gets His News (Charlie Warzel and Lam Thuy Vo / BuzzFeed)
3. Big Idea for Canadian Media: Provide Incentives for Local Ownership (Marc Edge / The Tyee)
4. Stat Launches a $299/Year Subscription with Original Content, Events, and a Private Slack Group (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)
5. Print is Dead. Long Live Print. (Michael Rosenwald / CJR)
6. Media Matters to Pivot Away From Focus on Fox News, As It Names New President (Hadas Gold / Politico)