Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Gawker v. Hulk Hogan Suit Reaches an End (Nick Denton)
2. How the Internet Is Loosening Our Grip on the Truth (Farhad Manjoo / New York Times)
3. Google and Facebook Are Booming. Is The Rest of the Digital Ad Business Sinking? (Peter Kafka / Recode)
4. Backchannel is Using Intimacy and Audience Participation to Fuel Its First Push Into Live Events (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)
5. Publishers Are Using Their Newsletters as Labs for New Offerings (Max Willens / Digiday)
6. The Baffling History of Tronc (Felix Gillette and Gerry Smith / Bloomberg Businessweek)