Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. News Outlets Rethink Usage of the Term ‘Alt-Right’ (Sydney Ember / New York Times)
2. Canada’s Government Imagines What a News-less Future Might Look Like (Ken Doctor / Nieman Lab)
3. An Auction That Could Transform Local Media (Christopher J. Daggett / New York Times)
4. Index on Censorship: Journalists Now Under ‘Unprecedented’ Attack (Jane Martinson / The Guardian)
5. CNN Brings In the Social App Beme to Cultivate a Millennial Audience (Mike Isaac / New York Times)
6. With Its First Community Reporter, The Texas Tribune is Turning Texans Themselves Into Its Next Big Beat (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)