Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Fake News Onslaught Targets Pizzeria as Nest of Child-Trafficking (Cecilia Kang / New York Times)
2. The Cure for Fake News Is Worse Than the Disease (Jack Shafer / Politico)
3. Facebook Ad Revenue (Finally) Tops Media Giants (Tom Dotan / The Information)
4. What TV Journalists Did Wrong — And The New York Times Did Right — In Meeting with Trump (Margaret Sullivan / Washington Post)
5. Facebook Said to Create Censorship Tool to Get Back Into China (Mike Isaac / New York Times)
6. Most Students Don’t Know When News Is Fake, Stanford Study Finds (Sue Shellenbarger / Wall Street Journal)