Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Viral Fake Election News Outperformed Real News On Facebook in Final Months of the US Election (Craig Silverman / BuzzFeed)
2. Bursting the Facebook Bubble: We Asked Voters on the Left and Right to Swap Feeds (Julia Carrie Wong, Sam Levin and Olivia Solon / The Guardian)
3. Facebook Acts to Restore Trust After Overstating Video Views (Steve Lohr and Sapna Maheshwari / New York Times)
4. Twitter Suspends Alt-Right Accounts (Jessica Guynn / USA Today)
5. Why You Should Care About Trump Ditching His Press Pool (Olivier Knox / Yahoo)
6. Inside 5 Publishers’ Efforts to Monetize Virtual Reality (Jessica Davies / Digiday)