Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Google Moves to Restrict Ads on Fake News Sites (Julia Love and Kristina Cooke / Reuters)
2. Facebook’s Fight Against Fake News Was Undercut by Fear of Conservative Backlash (Michael Nunez / Gizmodo)
3. Google and Facebook Take Aim at Fake News Sites (Nick Wingfield, Mike Isaac, and Katie Benner / New York Times)
4. Breitbart, Reveling in Trump’s Election, Gains a Voice in His White House (Michael M. Grynbaum and John Herrman / New York Times)
5. The U.S. Media Is Completely Unprepared to Cover a Trump Presidency (Adam Serwer / The Atlantic)
6. Silencing the Messenger: Communication Apps Under Pressure (Freedom House)