Each Thursday, we round up the top stories of the week in journalism education and digital learning. Sign up here to get the Journalism & Digital Education Roundup delivered to your inbox.
1. USC Is Now Offering What Might Be the World’s First Class on Surf Journalism (Dylan Heyden / The Inertia)
2. ‘First Step’ Toward More Digital Undergrad Experience (Carl Straumsheim / Inside Higher Ed)
3. Lessons From the Sharing Economy (Petra Bonfert-Taylor / Inside Higher Ed)
4. U.S. Dept. of Ed. Unveils Free Online Tool for Rapid Evaluation of Edtech Products (Mary Jo Madda / EdSurge)
5. Massachusetts Builds Diverse Edtech Sector, Still Seeks Big Wins (Jeff Engel / Xcomony)