Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Gannett Deal to Buy Tronc is Likely Imminent (Ken Doctor / Politico)
2. As Government Records Move from Paper to Email to Channels Like Slack, How Should FOIA Keep Up? (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
3. Some Publishers Appear to Be Cooling on Facebook Instant Articles (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
4. Newspapers Hit With a Wave of Requests to Take Down Embarrassing Archived Stories (Rick Edmonds / Poynter)
5. Why Do People Share Misinformation and Rumors Online During Breaking News Events? (Josh Stearns / First Draft News)
6. The Online Video View: We Can Count It, but Can We Count on It? (John Herrman and Mike Isaac / New York Times)