Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Vine’s Demise Confirms Twitter’s Role As The World’s Biggest News Service (Charlie Warzel / BuzzFeed)
2. Gannett’s Billion-Dollar Deal to Buy Tronc Put On Hold (Ken Doctor / Politico)
3. The FCC Just Passed Sweeping New Rules to Protect Your Online Privacy (Brain Fung and Craig Timberg / Washington Post)
4. Conde Nast International’s Digital Chief: ‘You Can’t Win a Race for Reach’ (Brian Morrissey / Digiday)
5. Twitter Says It Will Update Safety Policies… After the Election (Alex Weprin / Politico)
6. Welcome to Watching! (Gilbert Cruz / New York Times)