Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Trump TV Offers (Fledgling) Framework for Potential Media Future (Michael M. Grynbaum / New York Times)
2. Digital Ads to Overtake Traditional Ads in U.S. Local Markets by 2018 (Suman Bhattacharyya / Ad Age)
3. Maria Pallante’s Departure From the Copyright Office: What It Means, And Why It Matters (Robert Levine / Billboard)
4. Using Virtual Reality to Expand the Possibilities of Documentary Journalism (Frontline and Emblematic VR / Medium)
5. Pocket’s Next Frontier: Solving the Internet’s Clickbait Problem (Jared Newman / Fast Company)
6. With New Funding, CUNY Wants to Invent J-School 2.0 (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)