Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. With AT&T-Time Warner Deal Brewing, a Focus on Preserving CNN’s Integrity (Michael M. Grynbaum / New York Times)
2. Yes, Trump Has a Nightly Show. No, It’s Not News. (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
3. The New York Times is Buying the Gadget and Technology Review Site The Wirecutter for $30 Million (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
4. Nielsen Will Measure TV Viewing in Places Like Bars, Hotels, Gyms and the Office (Jason Lynch / AdWeek)
5. Jeff Bezos Isn’t Convinced That the Washington Post Can Survive on Payment Services (Lauren Johnson / AdWeek)
6. How Quartz Makes Sure It’s a Global Brand (Lucia Moses / Digiday)