Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. With Shortcut, This American Life is Trying to Make Its Show — and Other Podcasts — More Sharable (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)
2. Gawker Asks Court to Authorize Investigation into Peter Thiel’s Role In Funding Lawsuits (David Bixenspan / Law Newz)
3. Facebook Has Repeatedly Trended Fake News Since Firing Its Human Editors (Caitlin Dewey / Washington Post)
4. Facebook Adds New Ways to Monetize Instant Articles, Including Video and Carousel Ads (Ken Yeung / Venture Beat)
5. With a Direct Public Dffering, Berkeleyside Wants to Turn its Readers Into Its Newest Owners (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)
6. If You Don’t See Moments in Your Twitter App Anymore, Here’s Why (Karissa Bell / Mashable)