Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Dear Readers: Please Stop Calling Us ‘The Media.’ There is No Such Thing. (Paul Farhi / Washington Post)
2. New Snapchat Channel to Look at Final Leg of Presidential Campaign (Sydney Ember / New York Times)
3. Snapchat Releases First Hardware Product, Spectacles (Seth Stevenson / Wall Street Journal)
4. Twitter May Soon Get Formal Bid, Suitors Said to Include Salesforce and Google (David Faber and Anita Balakrishnan / CNBC)
5. Slate, Now 20 Years Old, Reflects on the Value of Taking the Long View and Not Chasing Digital Media Trends (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
6. Univision Rebrands Gawker Media As Gizmodo Media Group; Starts Translating Content For Univision.com (Veronica Villafañe / Forbes)