Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Breaking News, Intercept, Quartz, New York Magazine Take Home 2016 Online Journalism Awards (Jeremiah Patterson / ONA)
2. Adblock Plus, Created to Protect Users From Ads, Instead Opens the Door (Sapna Maheshwari / New York Times)
3. Who’s Too Young for an App? Musical.ly Tests the Limits (John Herrman / New York Times)
4. Fox Sports is Bringing Virtual Reality to Live College Football (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
5. WashPost Makes History: First Paper to Call for Prosecution of Its Own Source (After Accepting Pulitzer) (Glenn Greenwald / The Intercept)
6. Lessons Learned from Reported.ly’s Social-First Journalism Model (Abigail Edge / journalism.co.uk)