Each Tuesday, we curate the top stories of the week in e-books and self-publishing. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Algorithms Could Save Book Publishing—But Ruin Novels (Susanne Althoff / Wired)
2. Amazon is European Commission’s Next Target in Tax Crackdown (Katherine Cowdrey / The Bookseller)
3. Shelfie Wants to Help You Discover New E-Books (Michael Kozlowski / Good E-Reader)
4. How Franchise Book Chains Can Survive Disruption (Anders Breinhoist / Digital Book World)
5. The Publishers Weekly Publishing Industry Salary Survey, 2016 (Jim Milliot / Publishers Weekly)