Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Betting Billions on Rio, Comcast Hopes to Win the Future of Television (Jim Rutenberg / New York Times)
2. The Washington Post is Using Robots to Cover the Olympics And the Election (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
3. Facebook Shuts Down Live Stream of Shooting at Police Request (Mathew Ingram / Fortune)
4. New York Times Launches Text-Message Journalism for Rio Olympics (Dylan Byers / CNN Money)
5. Roger Ailes Used Fox News Budget to Finance ‘Black-Room’ Campaigns Against His Enemies (Gabriel Sherman / New York Magazine)
6. How the Fight Over Undercover Videos is Pitting Planned Parenthood Against the Mainstream Media (Tony Biasotti / CJR)