Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. The Rise of Video is Making 2016 a Weird Year to Be a Digital Publisher (Brian Feldman / New York Magazine)
2. Facebook Is Trying to Get Rid of Bias in Trending News By Getting Rid of Humans (Joon Ian Wong, Dave Gershgorn and Mike Murphy / Quartz)
3. The New Drone Rules: What Journalists Need To Know (Shelley Hepworth, Columbia Journalism Review)
4. How Vox Media’s New Storytelling Studio Thinks Of Stories As Products (Taylyn Washington-Harmon / Nieman Lab)
5. Tronc Considers A Sweetened Purchase Offer From Gannett (Ken Doctor / Politico)
6. BuzzFeed is Ready To Step Up Its Game In News Video (Jeremy Barr / AdvertisingAge)