Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Why’d You Do That? How The Times Decides to Send News Alerts (Liz Spayd / New York Times)
2. University Will Sue Its Own Student Newspaper For Reporting On Sexual Assault Case (Azeen Ghorayshi / BuzzFeed)
3. 2.2 Billion Views: How NBCU and BuzzFeed Scored on Snapchat During Rio Olympics (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
4. Here’s Why That Misleading AP Tweet About Hillary Clinton Matters (Mathew Ingram / Fortune)
5. Some Publishers Worry About Viability of Branded Videos on Facebook (Mike Shields / Wall Street Journal)
6. EU proposals could see news publishers paid by Google and Facebook (Juliette Garside / The Guardian)