Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Did I Kill Gawker? (Max Read / New York Magazine)
2. Lessons From Rio, as Live Events Make the Leap to Streaming (Sapna Maheshwari / New York Times)
3. CNN Just Launched a New Drone Division. Here’s What They Plan to Do With It. (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
4. WikiLeaks Has Morphed from Journalism Hotshot to Malware Hub (Sandra Upson / Backchannel)
5. Fusion’s Newsletter Strategy Trades Automated Feeds for Human Curation and Reporters’ Voices (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)
6. Access, Accountability Reporting and Silicon Valley (Adrienne LaFrance / Nieman Reports)