Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Gawker.com to End Operations Next Week (J.K. Trotter / Gawker)
2. Behind the Rise and Fall of the NYT Now App (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
3. What It Takes to Manage a Daily Popup Snapchat Channel From the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
4. Trump’s Campaign Just Quietly Launched a Mobile App Called ‘America First’ (Christopher Heine / AdWeek)
5. CNN Turns Drone Newsgathering Into New Business (Chris Ariens / TVNewser)
6. Twitter Announces Tools That Seem Intended To Curb Harassment (Charlie Warzel / BuzzFeed)