Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. NBC and Facebook Link for Olympics ‘Social Command Center’ (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
2. Clinton’s Convention Was Made for TV. Trump’s Was Made for Twitter. (Jim Rutenberg / New York Times)
3. Yahoo and the Online Universe According to Verizon (David Gelles / New York Times)
4. Accountability Journalism: A Cost-Benefit Analysis (James Hamilton / Nieman Lab)
5. Is the Elite Media Failing to Reach Trump Voters? (Isaac Chotiner / Slate)
6. In Cincinnati, a Local TV Station Sets Out to Build a Full-Fledged Digital Newsroom (Anna Clark / CJR)