Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. How Not to Respond to John Oliver’s Ode to Local Newspapers (Margaret Sullivan / Washington Post)
2. There’s Too Much Olympics Online, Which is Why TV Programming is Still a Good Idea (Edmund Lee / Recode)
3. The New York Times is Launching Its Film and TV Recommendation Site Watching (In Limited Release Only) (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
4. Newsonomics: Sketching In The Details of Josh Topolsky’s New Outline (Ken Doctor / Nieman Lab)
5. NBCU Signs Deal to Make Snapchat Shows (Steven Perlberg / Wall Street Journal)
6. Hulu Ends Free Streaming Service (Todd Spangler / Variety)