Each Thursday, we round up the top stories of the week in journalism education and digital learning. Sign up here to get the Journalism & Digital Education Roundup delivered to your inbox.
1. Illinois Students Get New Journalism Rights — Sort Of (David Rutter / Chicago Tribune)
2. Mobile Journalism Skills Help Schoolchildren Contribute to Community News Site (Caroline Scott / journalism.co.uk)
3. Did That Edtech Tool Really Cause That Growth? How to Watch Out For Faulty Efficacy Studies (Mary Jo Madda / EdSurge)
4. Building Effective Edtech Business Models to Reach the Global Poor (Amy Ahearn and Santiago Melo / EdSurge)
5. For the Ambitious Ed Tech Company AltSchool, It’s Time For Phase Two (Connie Loizos / TechCrunch)