Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Expert Calls for Terror Attacks to Be Treated Same Way As Suicide When It Comes to Media Coverage (Victoria Craw / News.com.au)
2. Apple’s Hard-Charging Tactics Hurt TV Expansion (Shalini Ramachandran and Daisuke Wakabayashi / Wall Street Journal)
3. By Creating MTV Classic, Viacom Continues Mining Past Hits to Help Its Future (Jeanine Poggi / AdAge)
4. Vox Media Fills Long-Vacant Publisher’s Job (Sydney Ember / New York Times)
5. Pay It Forward: LaterPay, a German Payment Infrastructure Company, Offers Micropayments With a Twist (Shan Wang / NiemanLab)
6. Despite Missteps, Yahoo Also Leaves Behind a Big Legacy (Lucia Moses / Digiday)