Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Turkey Dismisses Military, Shuts Media Outlets as Crackdown Deepens (Tulay Karadeniz, Gulsen Solaker and Can Sezer / Reuters)
2. Bill or Hillary? Newspapers Face Front-Page Conundrum on Nomination Night (James Warren / Poynter)
3. Trump Spent Far More on Online Ads Than Clinton in June (Kate Kaye / AdAge)
4. Le Monde Says It Won’t Publish Pictures of Terror Attackers (Alex Spence / Politico)
5. Tumblr to Introduce Ads Across All Blogs (Sarah Perez / TechCrunch)
6. Newsletter Editors Are the New Important Person in Newsrooms (Lucia Moses / Digiday)