Each Thursday, we round up the top stories of the week in journalism education and digital learning. Sign up here to get the Journalism & Digital Education Roundup delivered to your inbox.
1. For Student Journalists, Political Conventions Are a Glimpse at Media Spectacle (James Warren / Poynter)
2. What Would Abe Lincoln’s Social Media Campaign Look Like? A New Classroom Use For Twitter and Facebook (Glenn Wiebe / EdSurge)
3. How Chalkbeat is Trying to Build a Bigger Audience for Education News (Lauren Steussy / CJR)
4. Are MOOCs Forever? (Jeffrey R. Young / Chronicle of Higher Education)
5. Science Students Learn to Use Social Media to Communicate Research (Arielle Martinez / Chronicle of Higher Education)