Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Philando Castile, Facebook Live, and a New Chapter for Citizen Journalism (David Uberti / CJR)
2. How 3 Publishers Plan to Use Snapchat Memories to Improve the Quality and Shelf Life of Their Output (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
3. Audible’s Answer to the Podcasting World is Officially Out of Beta, and It’s Looking as Ambitious as Ever (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
4. Bankruptcy Judge Approves Plan to Put Gawker Up for Auction (Eriq Gardner / The Hollywood Reporter)
5. Sky News and Sky Sports to Axe About 50 Roles in Automation Push (Jasper Jackson / The Guardian)
6. Why Dieters Flock to Instagram (Katie Rogers / New York Times)