Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. The Washington Post is Using Slack to Create a Reader Community Focused on the Gender Pay Gap (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)
3. Major Political News Outlets Offer Interviews for Sale at DNC and RNC Conventions (Lee Fang / The Intercept)
4. All News Stories Must be Verified, China’s Internet Censor Decrees as it Tightens Grip on Online Media (Choi Chi-yuk / South China Morning Post)
5. “A Completely Different Market”: Why Univision News is Now Getting into English-Language News (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
6. Why Facebook is so Terrifying to Media Companies (Matt Rosoff / Business Insider)